• question-icon

What does a dent on the top of the skull indicate?

Posted on Thu, 29 Jun 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I just hit the top of my head and now have a small dent in my skull on the top of my head. Should I have this checked out right away.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry more than necessary.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

If you don't feel any other symptoms such headaches, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and if you didn't loose consciousness after hitting the head, I don't think you should be worried more than necessary.

In such case isn't necessary to get checked by a Doctor right away.

You should get a medical evaluation only if you will experience any of those above-mentioned symptoms or other symptoms such as difficulties with speech, vision, lethargy, etc.

Hope you found the answer helpful. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical