What does a dent in the skull indicate?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Thu, 26 Oct 2017 in General Health
Question: I am a "young" 75 years old male. A few months ago I noticed a dent in my skull. Most people would not pay enough attention to notice it. Do you have any clue as to what this is or causation? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be traumatic but Xray skull should be done

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to HealthcareMagic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible.

First of all, it is sad to know what you had been experiencing lately. Based on the history you have shared, it can be traumatic but other causes like lytic bone lesions or bone resorption should he ruled out. Initially it is enough but any focal deficit on detailed neurological examination if found may need CT scan brain.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T