What does a creatinine level of 12.6 suggest?
used to assess kidney function
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Creatinine is used mainly to assess kidney function. Blood or urine creatinine can be measured.
If the kidneys are not working well then the creatinine in the blood increases because it builds up in the body since it is not being removed.
It is formed by breakdown or metabolism of aspects of muscle.
Creatinine levels may also be increased in persons with high protein intake though abnormal kidney function is the main cause.
Creatinine range is 0.4 to 1.1 mg/dl in females
Your value is above this range and may indicate that there is abnormal kidney function.
Urine tests may be suggested.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What creatinine level is dangerous
- What does elevation in creatinine level suggest
- What is normal creatinine level
- What is creatinine level mean
- What is 45 creatinine level
- What is 240 creatinine levels
- What is high creatinine level
- Creatinine level is high what is the cure
- What lowers creatinine levels
- What is creatinine level 109