What does a creatinine level of 102 indicate?

Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi. My creatinine level is 102 umol/l. I also have +3 bilirubin in my urine. Could these be related?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Creatinine is in normal limits

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

Thank You for contacting HCM. My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.

I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. Your creatinine level is withing upper normal limit(up to 115umol/l). Bilirubin in urine needs evaluation. Most common causes of bilirubin in urine are:

Biliary tract disease
Cirrhosis
Gallstones in the biliary tract
Hepatitis
Liver disease
malignancy of liver or gallbladder

I would suggest you to visit hospital and get an appointment for a gastroenterologist or medical specialist. Both are specialized in dealing with such conditions. They will perform complete general physical examination and may order some labs to rule out above mentioned pathologies. Further management would depend upon the results.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 6 hours later
Hi and thank you! I am a female and I thought the cutoff was either 90 or 100.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Normal reference level depends on a number of causes

Detailed Answer:
Hello

You are welcome. Normal levels have a range and also depends upon the method used by lab. Borderline raised levels can be age related, dietary in nature(ingesting large amount of meat) or disease. In case there is no other significant symptom, level are repeated after a short period.

Thank You