What does a change in vision after consuming CBD cannabis oil indicate?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 1 Feb 2017 in Mental Health
Question: a friend of mine have me what was supposed to be CBD oil and 2hich I am positive now was a THC edible.

I had a VERY strong reaction to it and honestly 2 weeks later my visual system still hasn't recovered. my depth perception is messed up and everything feels like it is in 3D or moving too fast.

is this a result of touch dopamine?

is there anyway to counteract these effects?
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

You are describing visual changes, including distorted depth perception, and derealization, after doing significant amounts of cannabinoid.

This reaction is very likely due to the CBD oil and the THC edible. It can induce visual changes as well as significant anxiety including the derealization (3D/moving too fast) symptoms. Typically this resolves within a few weeks, but sometimes this can persist as a substance-induced anxiety and perception disorder. This is why illegal substances are so dangerous. If your symptoms do not resolve within a week, I would reach out to a local psychiatrist to consider prescribing you an SSRI medication such as escitalopram to treat these symptoms.

This is not due to dopamine changes, as cannabinoids only act at cannabinoid receptors.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 4 minutes later
persist as in never go away?
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Followup

Detailed Answer:
Correct, if left untreated. You may need treatment with medication as stated above.