What does a calcium level of 135 indicate?
Yes its high
After reading your query i completely understand your concern, am Dr Bhanu partap and am a cardiology practitioner. Here i will try to make you understand about calcium scoring in a simple way.
Calcium score of coronary arteries is divided into 5 class/Grades
Your calcium score fall in Moderate plaque category in which there is moderate chances of having a heart attack due to plaque deposition inside the vessels.
Some additional tests like Conventional Angiography or stress test are required to evaluate the plaque burden and to asses the severity of the situation.
Importantly its highly advisable that you should stop smoking right away if you do as it promotes plaque development at 5 times higher rates.
Dont take stress, stay positive as everything has a solution. We just need to act right.
I wish you good health.If you have any other doubts you can ask me back or else you can close the discussion and kindly rate the answer.
Dr Bhanu Partap
No Ma'am IV chelation neither works nor is recommended for coronary artery disease.
5 categories are
1. No plaque
2. Minimal plaque
3. Mild plaque
4. Moderate plaque
5. Severe Disease
For your information I want to guide you that calcium scoring is not a gold standard test for assessment of coronary artery disease so percentage prediction for heart attack on the basis of calcium score is not reliable.
It's advisable that you should go for conventional coronary angiogram for adequate assessment and further plan decision.
Hope to be helpful. Feel free to ask if you have any more doubts. Else you can close the discussion and kindly rate the answer.
Dr Bhanu partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is calcium
- What should calcium level be
- What does a high calcium level mean in infant
- What happens if calcium levels are higher
- What causes high calcium levels
- What is ionized calcium level
- What causes elevated calcium level in blood
- What does pth 171 and calcium level of 101 indicate
- What is a normal calcium level for women
- What is the reason for high calcium level in blood
- Is blood pressure of 131/69 a cause for concern?
- Suggest remedies for pain in the left side of the chest
- What does this lipid profile test report indicate?
- What does a calcium level of 135 indicate?
- What causes fluctuations in BP readings?
- What does this ECG report indicate?
- What causes left-sided pain in the chest?
- What causes profuse sweating post a valve replacement heart surgery?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the testicle
- Is Sotalol intake 12 hours after missing a dose advisable?