What does a bumpy texture on the head of the penis indicate?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 24 Jul 2018 in General Health
Question: i just had oral sex for the first time last night where he went down on me. Is there anything i need to be concerned about. i have gone down on few other men before. I am worried that i might get something but the guy said hes a virgin and has never had sex before please help. I am a bit freaked out. also when i was going down on him i felt a bumpy texture by the head of his penis. what could it be? i am really worried. please help
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Infection not likely.

Detailed Answer:
If the person you had sex with was a virgin then there is no need to worry. The mild bumpy texture of the head of the penis can be a normal variation also. The chances of getting herpes are there but if you do not have any symptoms then you can rest and get you blood test done after 6 weeks to rul e out all the infections.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad