question-icon

What does a bump on penis indicate?

Posted on Mon, 28 Jul 2014
Question: there's a bump on my penis i was seeking help
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul (16 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Please provide a good resolution image

Detailed Answer:
Hi

The picture that you have attached is not very clear.
I would advise you to click a close up good resolution picture of the skin lesion and then upload them here on this page .
Also please tell since when do you have this problem?
Any associated itching or pain?
Any discharge?
Did you have any outside contact?
What all have you been applying over it?

I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the above details and the pictures .

Dr Geetika Paul
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul (17 minutes later)
sorry and yes i felt it while having sex a week ago days ago its not very painful i can kind of feel it it doesn't burn when i urinate or anything but if touched or bothered i may feel some mild pain i noticed maybe a week ago it was itching a little bit but stopped
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Pyogenic ulcer, should get better with treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I have seen the attached picture .
Again the picture resolution is not that great but from what I could make out, you have 5 single ulcer over the penile region .
It looks more like a pyogenic ulcer to me . I do not really suspect a std at present .
You need to apply a topical antibiotic cream like neosporin or mupirocin over the affected areas twice a day .
I am sure it will get better with treatment .

Dr Geetika Paul
Dr. Geetika Paul

Dermatologist