Owl Image

What does a bump on labia indicate?

Excellent

Question
Some weeks ago I had a bump on my labia(more like a boil) I put fungal cream on the same and it went down and is gone. Do I need to be concerned about it? I used to have them quite frequently when I used to have mensuration (once monthly). I had an hysterectomy, so I don't have periods any more.
the gynecologist who did the hysterectomy(because of fibroids) told me I didn't have to visit a gynecologist again. is she right?
Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
FURUNCLES ARE HARMLESS,BE REST ASSURED.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Madam,
I have carefully read your query and understood your concern,

As per your clinical history, you most likely had "FURUNCLES", which are nothing but bacterial infected glands surrounding hair follicles on the labia.

These furuncles are quite common in women during their menstrual cycles and sometimes even later.

These are benign and you need not worry about it.

Maintain good hygiene of your undergarments.

Maintain adequate hydration by having 3-4 liters of water each day and 1 full liter of water exclusively post sex.

Along with Antifungal creams,antibacterial cream like Clindamycin will produce rapid results.

Since your bump has disappeared,you can be rest assured ,
Your Gynecologist is quite right ,you do not need any follow ups.

I hope my feedback is quite useful and convincing to you,
Kindly give your valuable feedback by rating my answer as it helps to improve my presentation.
Thank you,
Wish you a good health,
Dr.Suresh