Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

What does a bump filled with pus over the vagina indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 641 Questions
I have a little bump just above my vagina. Its under the skin. It doesn't hurt or itch or anything. When i squeeze it puss comes out and sometimes a little bit of blood.. sometimes it goes away or sometimed theres just more puss in there. What can this be and what should i do?,
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Ingrown hair or a cyst Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. Bump filled with pus over the mentioned area can be a cyst or a ingrown hair. As you have said that it is painless and there is no itch, then it is most probably a cyst. Pus inside it made it an abscess. That is why when you press it out, pus will come and after some days it again swells back. I advise you not to press it. If you do that regularly, it may spread to surrounding area. Course of antibiotic like doxycycline should be done. Maintain proper hygiene of the area. Even if it doesn't subside then you have to consult a dermatologist for its complete drainage. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor