Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

What does a bruising and a lump near the clitoris indiacte?

Feb 2018
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 15997 Questions
Hi, I am a 25 year old woman. Recently I had a course of antibiotics for an ear infection, which left me with a thrush type itch and discharge that went on its own in a few days. However I started to feel a slight bruising and a lump in an area under the skin above, and to the left of my clitoris. It feels as if it is half under my clitoris and half where my outer lips are. It feels about the size of a chickpea, but not perfectly round. It doesn't really hurt it feels like it doesn't move and is quite firm. I am due to see my doctor in a weeks time. But I'm really worried as I don't think it's a cyst.
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 2 hours later
Brief Answer: can be a boil Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. The finding of a bruising and a lump near the clitoris can in fact be a boil. As you were already under an antibiotic cover for ear infection , the same antibiotic might have not allowed this one to get bigger or go into a XXXXXXX abscess. There can a granuloma formation going into a stage of firmness , fixity and non-tenderness. I think there is nothing to worry about it , except for the site of it. I would advise to continue taking the same antibiotic , wait and watch and see what is the progress. If not resolving , you can your Doctor earlier. In the meantime keep the area clean and dry. Do not press or try to pop it out. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor