What does a bruise on elbow indicate?

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
I was really working hard and something splatted ver me at work and I don't remember what splattered me should i be concerned this happened at the work place thanks
Posted Mon, 1 Sep 2014 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry...

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

If you don't have any symptoms such as irritation or itching or burning or any signs of external injury like skin peeling, bruising, discoloration, etc., then there is no need to worry.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar MBBS., DPM., MRCPsych.(U.K.)

Follow-up: What does a bruise on elbow indicate? 10 hours later
I was lifting heavy towels due to the rain and I notice a bruise on my arm by my elbow its when you turn the whole hand is it possible that i repute an blood vessel thats why its black and blue

this was a fees days i believe at work I'm mort concerned but what do you think it is

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be due to a hematoma...

Detailed Answer:

The bluish black discoloration is likely to be a hematoma, probably due to an inadvertent injury. You needn't worry about this. It will resolve on its own.

Follow-up: What does a bruise on elbow indicate? 11 hours later
whats that hematoma
is this a rash on my foot?

its not hiv right

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not indicative of HIV

Detailed Answer:
Hematoma is a blood clot under the skin. It is not a serious problem and will resolve on its own.

The rash could be due to an allergic reaction or a fungal infection. It is not indicative of HIV.

Follow-up: What does a bruise on elbow indicate? 38 hours later
I was shaving and the razor I was using I think i bought it was in my bathroom and I cut my self any worries would you if you were in my shoes?I was sitting on a bench waiting for a bus Im not sure if I picked something up or not that is dangerous and I'm not sure if it contacted my skin or not i have confident I did not pick up anything what would you do about this encounter thanks what would you do go back to see if i did or not or don't think about this episode I tend to fantasy these episodes its sorta OCD Please help e with this situation thanks

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry

Detailed Answer:

Both situations are not dangerous and you don't have to worry. Such kind of repeated doubts annd worrisome thoughts are indeed indicative of OCD. I would suggest that you consult a psychiatrist for further management of this problem.

Best wishes,
Dr Jonas Sundarakumar MBBS., DPM., MRCPsych.(U.K.)

Pleasse explain might sweats is night sweats when you wake up all sweaty and hot because I woke up and around my neck area I was wet around my neck area but not sweating any worrisome but no temperature I believe I was really dizzy yesterday but I shaped out of it what do you think its from? Diease? I'm not coding about this whats your feedback thanks

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to different causes...

Detailed Answer:

Night sweats can be due different causes like nocturnal panic attacks, fever, hypoglycemia, etc. If this has happened obly once, then you needn't give it much inportance. But if it is happening frequently, then you may need a detailed medical evaluation.

Follow-up: What does a bruise on elbow indicate? 1 hour later
whats hypoglycemia mean I had like aq tiny cut not bleeding as bit however a guest at my workplace slightly touched it not intentionally but wanted to point something out as he was doing so he slightly touched it for my knowledge nothing was on his inside hand wheat do you think thanks Worry? HIV

it was bleeding size of a XXXXXXX

the cut was on my arn

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not a serious problem... no HIV risk.

Detailed Answer:

Hypoglycemia means low blood sugar.

Regarding the cut in your arm, another person accidentally touching it does not result in any serious problem. It does not result in transmission of HIV. So, there is no need to worry about this.