What does a brown spot on arm indicate?
Brown spot benign lesion
Thanks for contacting HCM
From your inquiry you are concerned about a 2 skin lesions that appeared nearly 2 years ago on your arm. Thanks for submitting photos as they do help in diagnosis. The lesions appear flat minimally raised with slight dark pigmentation and regular borders and no abnormal blood vessels or ulcerations. All these aspects of the lesion make the lesions less likely to be of a malignant nature. I feel confident that these are small pigmented nevi and are benign.
I would recommend to you to limit your sun exposure and use a 15 SPF sunscreen if you do go outside in the sun to lessen your danger of skin cancer. These precautions will reduce your risk of getting skin cancer later in your life
If the lesions do start to enlarge, get irregular borders, start to ulcerate or have abnormal looking blood vessels around the lesions then I recommend you see a dermatologist or your regular doctor. But at this time these lesions are completely benign and you have little to worry about.
Hope this answers your question. If you have any further issues please feel free to contact us
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for bone cancer
- What causes dry mouth and white patch on tongue?
- What causes burning sensation and pain in elbow joint and hip joint?
- Suggest treatment for skin rashes
- What are side effects of Metanx?
- What does a brown spot on arm indicate?
- What causes hair growth on heel?
- Suggest treatment for itchy, painful and swollen legs
- Suggest treatment for hemiplegic migraines
- What causes itching and pain in feet at night while sleeping?