What does a boil near the anal area indicate?
Recently, I saw a doctor and mentioned about the itching and some light but bad odor from my nose when I wake up in the morning. He prescribed an anti fungal cream and said the nose odor could be because of the CPAP sleep apnea machine mask I am using. After about 10 days of applying the cream ( irregularly), I now have a new boil near the anus. It does not have any pus or head, looks like a swelling.
Could this be staphylococcus aureus infection in my nose and around the anal area?
What treatment do you recommend?
There is no pain, but it feels a bit uncomfortable sitting down for more than 10 mins in one place.
I forgot to mention, I have no fever.
I have been reading that coffee and chocolate can cause irritation around the anus. I consume one very strong cup of coffee ( 2 tsp decaf and one tsp caf) daily and eat a piece of exta dark bitter 72% cocoa daily
possible bacterial or fungal infection peri anal region .
Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .
* Boil near anal area seems to be bacterial or fungal infection most likely ( which
can be present in absence of fever ) .
Kindly provide further details so that I can answer your query completely .
1. Swelling - size , shape , any alteration of overlying skin color , temperature .
2. Any systemic illness as diabetes or else present or not .
3. Bowel movements disturbances if any .
4. If possible and no objection a photo picture of the swelling as an attachment
in follow up conversation .
Awaiting for your response .
Here are the answers to your additional questions:
1) Swelling is the size of a pea, round shape, same skin color as the area around it, same as body temperature.
2) No other illness. In overall good shape. Just completed annual physical.
3) Bowel movements are normal, however I do have two bowel movements a day- Morning is normal and in the afternoon the quantity of stools is small.
4) I have attached a picture showing the book that is above the anus.
guidelines for boil provided .
Welcome for follow up .
Thanks for the additional details and clear photograph .
* This is most likely bacterial infection giving boil development .
* Guidelines for present
- Sitz bath ( sitting in a tub filled with lukewarm water added epsom salt 3 times
a day )
- Keep the part clean with antiseptic liquid .
- Continue the anti fungal cream used currently .
- Check to have smooth bowel movements with high fiber diet .
- Avoid prolong sitting on hard surfaces , long drives .
- In our clinic we recommend antibiotics of cephalosporin group for fast resolution
for which you will require prescription of your doctor .
Wishing you fine recovery .
Welcome for any further assistance .
follow up .
Welcome for follow up .
* I recommend for antibiotics at this stage and see the resolution along with other
measures for some time , as there is chance of recurrence of the cyst even after
surgery in some cases .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Boils in thigh near groin want lotion for boils
- Having painful boil near anal hole suggest medicines
- Difference between anal boils fistula
- What are boils near testis called
- What doe boils on base of penis shaft indicate
- What does a boil near the anus indicate
- Boil near anal region
- Anal boil and nerve pain
- Boil at anal openings
- Skin boils anal opening
- What causes pain and pressure in the rectum?
- What causes constant urge to urinate?
- Suggest treatment for IBS
- Suggest treatment for fever, headaches and shortness of breath
- Suggest treatment for left sided abdominal pain
- What causes burning sensation in the penis?
- What causes burning sensation in the throat?
- What causes urinary hesitancy in public toilets?
- What causes numbness in both hands?
- Suggest treatment for loose stools