Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

What does a black pimple on scrotum indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 9400 Questions
I am 35 male & I have a black pimple on my scrotum sack. It has a small pimple like bum with blackhead. No pain is there but uncomfortable to feel it. Is it anything to worry and how do I remove it?
Posted Sun, 10 Aug 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Most probably folliculitis; will self-resolve

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query and attached image with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help.

This pimple like structure is most probably an irritated/inflamed hair follicle, this condition is called folliculitis. In regions which are more often damp than dry, regions where we sweat more (Eg. groin, back, underarms, breast folds, etc.), regions where there is constant friction caused by clothing, and other such regions; hair follicles can get irritated and at times even infected due to the accumulation of sweat and dirt.

There is absolutely nothing to worry about in such cases as folliculitis is a self-resolving condition, and will surely subside on its own. What you can do to promote healing is the following:
-Keep the region clean and dry at all times
-Avoid wearing undergarments for a few days or wear only cotton undergarments to avoid friction and further irritation
-Application of a warm compress to the affected region
-Maintain good hygiene
-Take 2-3 sitz baths in a day, if possible with epsom salt in the water

In due time, this pimple-like structure will surely resolve sir. There is nothing to worry about. I hope you find my response helpful, please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor