question-icon

What does a bit of cervical mucus a week after

Posted on Fri, 11 Jan 2019
Question: What does a bit of cervical mucus a week after ovulation indicate?
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi (41 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Probably it indicates high progesterone level, the fertility is very low.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Your symptoms seem to be related to progesterone level.

After the ovulation the level of progesterone raises and cause changes in your mucus quantity and appearance.

A week after the ovulation the level of progesterone is in the highest level and the quantity of mucus is very low.

The mucus gets thicker and cloudier.

It indicates that the fertility during this period is also very low.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi