• question-icon

What does a biopsy results of CD3 plus t cells indicate?

Posted on Thu, 26 Oct 2017 in General Health
Question: what does it mean if biopsy says mixed populationsof CD3 + t cells and CD20 + Bcells
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Additional tests required

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
These markers are positive and suggest that there are abnormal lymphocytes in you axilla lymph node which may suggest some serious blood disease such as lymphoma but also may be reactive lymph node as a result of some infection. In every case,additional tests are required and include blood cytometry and bone marrow biopsy. This would reveal if this is lymphoma or something else. Wish you good health. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon