What does a WBC count of 12.29 indicate?
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
WBC is the white blood cell count. 12.29 means its 12229 cells / mcl. The normal range is between 3,500 to 10,500 cells/mcL. Its slightly raised and does not indicate an infection especially if you are otherwise healthy with no focus of infection. It can be raised in inflammation, stress, smoking and allergic reactions. In most cases, such an asymptomatic rise with normal neutrophil count on the differential leucocyte count is taken as normal and returns to baseline value when repeated.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Decreased wbc count semi-liquid stools what does this indicate
- Dizziness and wbc count is low
- What does high wbc count indicate
- What should be the normal wbc count in blood
- What does a high wbc count mean
- Normal wbc count
- What should be done for increased wbc count
- High wbc count in semen
- What can be the cause of elevated wbc count
- What elevates the wbc count tingling in bones and headaches