question-icon

What does a DLC report indicating Lymph %- 13.9 and Lymph A - 0.9 mean?

Posted on Tue, 31 Jul 2018
Question: I have done my physical test and it all seem to come back ok as far as I see . There is some discretion on the test where one of the parts seem to be low . The low parts of the test are as followed :

Lymph %- .13.9 ( 20-40)
Lymph - A - .9 (1-4)

I also did an STD test and I have tested negative all across the board . urine and normal body functions are also normal. If it is not from a said STD than what could it be the cause ??? I was sick with the cold ( caught it from someone) and was taking mucinex while it was administered.
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal (23 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Due to cold

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
I have read your message. I think I can help you. .

The report you have attached cannot be taken individually.
You need to read it with the entire DLC report.
DLC report is percent based.

As you said you had an infection- cold.
In this neutrophils always increase. Since DLC is a percentage, the other components get reduced.

So yes. As the doctors there have said. Nothing to worry about.

I have tried to make it as simple as possible.
Feel free to contact us for more information related to the report.
Best of luck.
Dr Mittal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist