What does a ALT level of 51 suggest?

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hello , alt 51 is something to worry about?? My ast is 28
Answered by Dr. Divakara 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P

It is a very mild elevation and doesn't indicate any serious problem. It can get elevated due to simple viral infection , intake of any medicine including a pain killer . So in my opinion there is nothing to worry about this .

I would recommend you to repeat the test after 3 weeks , just to check whether it has gone back to normal ( High chances ) or it has increased ( very less chances)

Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Divakara 1 hour later
Thank you very much for you kind answer
Answered by Dr. Divakara 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Welcome.

Detailed Answer:
HI

You are welcome .

Have a happy and healthy Life.

Any further clarifications feel free to ask, else kindly close the discussion and rate my answer.

Regards.
Dr. Divakara