What does "Umbical cord shows a single loose loop around fetal neck" indicate?
Everything is ok but
Umbical cord shows a single loose loop around fetal neck
Is this normal ?
Is it umbical cord around his neck ?
Repeat scan at 34 weeks
Hello mam, thanks for trusting us.
Yes it is a loop of umblical cord around the neck of the bany which is a common but not a normal finding.
It can revert back to normal in 80 percent of cases, all you need now is to repeat an ultrasound at 34 weeks of pregnancy and see the status of cord.
in case it persists till term then cesarean delivery chances are increased.
wish you all the best.
My question is
Can this single loose loop harm the baby ?
I mean I hope it won't be suffocating
How long is the umbical cord?
My fetal movements are fine but I m just worried about this umbical cord I mean hope it can't be dangerous
daily fetal movement count is required
No mam, that is just a loose cord loop and will eventually get detangled itself because of baby movements.
But you have to take care of baby movements at all times.
In case movement is less than normal report your doctor immediately and otherwise also visit your gynecologist at regular 2 weekly basis.
And best evidence will be provided by a repeat scan at 34 weeks.
As of now there is nothing to worry and no active intervention is needed except for daily fetal movement count,
In case this cord around neck persists then there are more chances of deliver by a cesarean section.
I hope I have answered your question but in case you have other questions i will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ultrasound shows no fetal pole what does it mean
- Cord around fetal neck at 34th week
- Possibility for normal delivery with cord loop around fetal neck
- Single loop of cord along posterior aspect of fetal neck
- Single loop around neck at fetal
- Single cord loop nape of fetal neck
- Single loop of cord is seen around the fetal neck meaning
- Single loop of cord around fetal
- Single loose loop around the fetal neck
- Single loop of cord is seen overlying fetal neck