What does TMT borderline positive for inducible ischemia mean?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My TMT is Mildly positive for ischemia with good exercise tolerance &Echo shows normal with LVEP-65%. what does it mean?. My age 59 years Male.
Answered by Dr. Divakara 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could mean there is compromise in blood flow.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P

Echo and TMT are two different tests. An Echo looks into the structure and function of the heart at normal conditions. A normal ECHO means there is no damage to the heart muscle, but that doesn't mean that everything is fine with heart.

A TMT puts certain amount of Stress on the heart and see its performance. A positive for ischemia in TMT suggests that at certain stress the blood supply to the heart is slightly compromised ( reduced ).

But again a mildly Positive TMT is difficult to interpret as it may or may not indicate compromised blood flow to heart.

My recommendation is to get an Angiogram done which will confirm whether any problem is there or not.

Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask.

Regards.
Dr. Divakara