What does "Grade 1 anterolisthesis noted at L4-L5..." mean?

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: Grade 1 anterolisthesis noted at L4-L5 due to facet hypertrophy with a right paramedian disc protusion and ligamentum flavum laxity resultng in severe central vertebral canal stenosis, obliteration of the right lateral recess and bilater neural foraminal stenosis. Small left paramedian disc protusion noted at level L5-S1 causing slight effacement of left lateral recess, however no central canal or neuoforaminal stenosis.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later
Brief Answer: L4 L5 may need surgical repair Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I believe the above post is a Scan report and it says that the lesion at the L4-L5 vertebra is complicated and severe leading to spinal cord compression. It is necessary for it to be surgically corrected at the earliest. I would like to know what doubts do you have pertaining to the above report. Waiting to answer,