Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

What does " Fibrotic opacity is ssen in right upper zone" mean?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1290 Questions
my chest X-Ray reports show that " Fibrotic opacity is ssen in right upper zone" what it means? what do i do next?
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: In India TB is the first diagnosis Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, ansewring to your query. In India, for a fibrotic opacity in the apex of lung, the first thing that comes to any doctors mind is tuberculosis. If you are not having any chronic cough, it can be an old healed infection, which is very common in this subcontinent...and is no reason to worry. If you are having chronic cough, with or without low grade fever in the evening, you need to see a physician and undergo sputum test to diagnose TB...a few blood tests may also be advised by your physician to help reach the a complete blood count. Hope, that i have answered to all your queries. If you have further queries, i will be glad to answer them. Regards, Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor