What does Elisa test report indicate?

Oncologist, Surgical
Question
Hello
For six weeks, I had 6-8 unprotected sex with a partner relationship.

We did a test.
His test is positive.

My ELISA test :
HIV 1/2 antibody HIV: : Negative
By : COBAS 6000 system
Electrochemi luminescence immunoassay (ECLIA) method
Electrivity = 100% Specifity = 99.8%

The first report is from 6 weeks
The final report is due 3 days
How many% chance of having
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Prashant Sharma 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
around 1 to 2%

Detailed Answer:
hi dear.
the HIV virus spreads usually when there is blood contact, or the body fluid of infected person containing viruses enters into the normal person. during intercourse this specially occurs when there are abrasions or ulcers at the genitals. even minor abrasions or cracks in the normal mucosa can let the virus go inside the body. the chances of such injury and hence transmission of HIV are more in anal sex than the vaginal sex. the chances are more in the receptive partner.
its good that you test negative now but, another important thing you should understand here is 'the window period'.
it is the period between the day of infection and the day when we can detect virus in the body i.e. the test becomes positive. this is around 15 days for antigen testing and 25 days for antibody testing (ELISA). to get the best result we should test after around 6 weeks of suspected transmission.
as you said that for the last 6 weeks you were doing sex, so ideally you should now test again at least after 4 to 6 weeks of your last intercourse, provided you abstain for the next month.
the chances of infection in you is around 1 to 2%. the chances also depends on the viral load in the patient's body fluids, receptive intercourse, vigorous intercourse, repeated number of intercourse, injury to genitals etc.

Follow-up: What does Elisa test report indicate? 2 hours later
dear,
Thank you for your precise answer.
Indeed, our latest report were also annal.
I understand I have to take a test 15 days after the last report is August 8 and another six weeks, on September 4.
This is my last question:
The fact that our last report was also anal, this increases there 2%

Thank you again, I avoid stress.
Good day.

J.Michel

Answered by Dr. Prashant Sharma 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
welcome

Detailed Answer:
hi sir. the ELISA should be repeated in Sep.
welcome.

Follow-up: What does Elisa test report indicate? 2 days later
Dear Doctor,
That day in the hospital, doctors were able to (somehow) that my friend is infected only for about one month.
I know I have to do another test.
But it reduces the risk he for me please?
Thank you.
J.Michel

Answered by Dr. Prashant Sharma 30 hours later
Brief Answer:
it may reduce

Detailed Answer:
dear sir,
its not like this.
if you want to know the infectivity of your partner, he should undergo few other tests which are indicative of viral load in serum.
discuss these things with your treating physician, he will do the needful.
thank you.