question-icon

What does EKG showing precordial repolarization disturbance indicate?

Posted on Mon, 1 Jun 2015
Question: Had an ekg Results came back as moderate right and mid precordial repolarization disturbance - consider ischemia. I have had these same results for at least two years and had testing done a year ago that showed all was good. For the last week I have been having palpitations and am quite scared to put it mildly.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf (4 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Cardiac enzymes assay would be better option

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank You for contacting HCM. My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.

I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. As your ECG chances were present in past as well. So i would suggest you to visit hospital & get cardiac enzymes assay including Troponins & CK-MB levels. There are highly specific for ischemic involvement. They will confirm if there was any cardiac event or not.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf (8 minutes later)
Should I be concerned about the palpitations or not? I had a blood test 6 months ago that showed there was no heart attack.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf (2 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Better to get baseline investigations done once

Detailed Answer:
Hello

It would be better to once get baseline investigations done for your personal satisfaction. They will confirm about palpitations as well as heart status.

Thank You
Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf