What does "Cannot rule out possible Arterial Infarct" mean in an EKC report?

Cardiologist
Question
Hi I am 66 years old, suffered daily, for past 12 years with chest pain, breathless, palpatations,fatigue
bedridden for long spells can you tell me what it means on EKC: Cannot rule out possible Arterial Infarct. age undetermed Abnormal EKG.
another one said in 2006: ID cannot rule out possible Arterial Infarct and possible Artrial enlargment
Age undetermined.
Abnormal EKC

thank you
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload your ECG report...

Detailed Answer:

Can you please upload the full ECG, so I can analyze myself. Sometimes, the ECG is interpreted by a machine and the interpretation sometimes is not correct. That's why it is necessary to get it interpreted by cardiologist (specialist).

Your symptoms might indicate possible heart problems, therefore, I highly recommend to run further cardiac tests apart ECG:
- cardiac echo
- stress test
- chest X-ray
- abdominal ultrasound

to determine the right diagnosis.

Hope it was of help! Looking forward to have your ECG in!
Dr.Benard

Follow-up: What does "Cannot rule out possible Arterial Infarct" mean in an EKC report? 14 hours later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX I am new to computers so don't know how to download,
but I can certainly get my daughter to do this.
can you hold on, maybe a few days, so I can arrange.(I have good days and bad days, please bear with me.

Thank you.

iris shanks

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 27 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take your time...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back Iris,

No problem, take your time. You can send your ECG report and the whole ECG records at the following e-mail address:

YYYY@YYYY

with subject line: "Attention to Dr.Benard Shehu".

Looking forward to have your records in!

Follow-up: What does "Cannot rule out possible Arterial Infarct" mean in an EKC report? 8 hours later
thank you so much, please bear with me Dr.Shehu
can a cardiologist tell you a scan is normal when it is actually stamped Abnormal,
I had to start researching myself because doctors couldn't cure me, I am doing very well and learning about my rare conditions but they are putting every hurdle in front of me to stop. sorry if this is an awkward question but I need to know, I will explain it to you if it would help to know the circumstaces .
Doctor i'v experienced a terrible time with my health, and been running to doctors for many years, now i am getting somewhere they literally close doors on me,
i don,t think they want to get answers, because it would show them up in a very bad light. but i find it very frightening when they wouldn't tell the truth about my 4 EKGs, i am totally on my own and have no one to turn to, i hope i haven't went on too much.
kind regards
iris.

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 46 hours later
Brief Answer:
Following answer...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

Thank you for following up.

When the ECG is interpreted from the machine, it happens frequently to get falsely abnormal results. That's why it is a must to get the ECG interpreted by a human doctor (cardiologist, internist).

I highly suggest to run other cardiac tests are mentioned earlier.

I understand your situation. You have all the rights to get answers for your questions. I will try to help you through the process, but, first, need to have and analyze the reports myself.

All the best!
Dr.Benard

Follow-up: What does "Cannot rule out possible Arterial Infarct" mean in an EKC report? 1 hour later
Dr. Benard, still not managed to download EKG yet, thank you for your patience.
if I can't manage I will send an excellent review for you!

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
No problem...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

Ok, No problem.

If you can't manage this time, kindly close this discussion and rate my answer. You can reopen anytime you get your EKG. I'll be here to assist you then!

All the best!
Dr.Benard