What does 'Almost NIL with infrequent isolated Headaches due to eye strain after studying'indicate?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: Dear Doctor, On behalf of my 24 years old sister, i would like to discuss with you on the below mentioned Medical History: Please refer in the Profile Medical Reports: Attached Present Symptoms/conditions: Almost NIL with infrequent isolated Headaches due to eye strain after studying or watching TV. Specific Question: (After referring the reports) (1) What is the Type of Meningioma (Benign / Atypical / Malignant)? (2) What might have caused Meningioma in such an early age? (3) What are the chances of Recurrence? (4) What is the Survival Rate / 5Years / 10 Years? (5) Is it OK to go ahead with Marriage Proposals? (6) If after marriage, will their be any problem with conceiving due to use of heavy medicines in the past via chemotherapy, radiation and meningioma surgery. (7) Any other expert opinion you think necessary to provide
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: My replies are below. Detailed Answer: Hi Mr XXXX Thank you for posting your query. I have gone through the discharge summary and biopsy report of your sister Ms Anija. My replies are below: 1. It is benign meningioma. 2. The exact cause of meningioma is not known. 3. The chances of recurrence in benign meningioma is very low, typically less than 10%. 4. Survival rate is almost normal, more than 95% 10-year survival rate. 5. Yes, you can plan for her marriage. 6. We do not expect any problem with conception. 7. No further expert opinion is necessary at present. I hope my reply has helped you. I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/