Owl Image

What does AMH level of 9.48 indicate?

Owl Image
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Question
Hey, I just got my Anti Mullierian test results and its 9.48 im not sure what that means? is that bad? im trying to have a baby.
Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
PCOS need management

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
AMH levels are basically to assess the ovarian reserve which is not an issue at your age.of 18.The increased levels indicates polycyclic ovaries. And yes they are a big apprehension to fertility. But good news is it is manageable.
A good ADA diet like a diabetic, avoidance of saturated fats and preferring omega 3 and 6, using vitamin D supplements and healthy lifestyle with focus on losing weight and exercise.
You also need to seek an endocrinologist for hormonal assessment to rule out any imbalance.

harmacologic treatments are reserved for so-called metabolic derangements, such as anovulation, hirsutism, and menstrual irregularities. First-line medical therapy usually consists of an oral contraceptive to induce regular menses.
If symptoms such as hirsutism are not sufficiently alleviated, an androgen-blocking agent may be added. First-line treatment for ovulation induction when fertility is desired is clomiphene citrate.
Medications used in the management of PCOS include the following:
Oral contraceptive agents (eg, ethinyl estradiol, medroxyprogesterone)
Antiandrogens (eg, spironolactone, leuprolide, finasteride)
Hypoglycemic agents (eg, metformin, insulin)
Selective estrogen receptor modulators (eg, clomiphene citrate)
Topical hair-removal agents (eg, eflornithine)
Topical acne agents (eg, benzoyl peroxide, tretinoin topical cream (0.02–0.1%)/gel (0.01–0.1%)/solution (0.05%), adapalene topical cream (0.1%)/gel (0.1%, 0.3%)/solution (0.1%), erythromycin topical 2%, clindamycin topical 1%, sodium sulfacetamide topical 10%)
Surgery options
Surgical management of PCOS is aimed mainly at restoring ovulation. Various laparoscopic methods include the following:
Electrocautery
Laser drilling
Multiple biopsy
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close
The discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX