What doees "sac measured at 6.6 and the yolk sac 2.2" indicate?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi, I did a frozen embryo transfer and am pregnant. I had a good hcg rise. I had a vag. Ultrasound at 6weeks and 6 days. The sac measured at 6.6 and the yolk sac was 2.2. The fetus only measured 6.3 days. We saw the heartbeat but it was not measured. The RE says this is normal- but I am worried it is behind. Today I am 7 weeks 2 days. Please tell me your thoughts.
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Everything is normal

Detailed Answer:
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
Firstly congratulations to you and your family.
Your reports are perfectly normal and pregnancy is growing well and is almost corresponding to the gestational age.
In first trimester it is normal to have a difference of up to 7 days between ultrasound and gestational age and having a positive heartbeat further more assuring.
So you need not to worry and just relax and keep taking all the medicines as prescribed.
Keep a regular follow up with your gynecologist.
All the best.
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Hi thank you for your quick response. In addition to my worries about the size- I am also worried about a lack of symptoms. The symptoms I did have were very mild and started at about 6 weeks. Mildly tender breasts that come and go, fatigue that comes and goes and leukkohrea that comes and goes. For the past few days it seems as all of these symptoms have subsided and this worries be along with the fetus small size. What are your thoughts. Again I am 7 weeks 2 days. Is it normal for for no symptoms at this stage and for symptoms to come and go?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
repeat scan after 2 weeks

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, yes it is usual to have off and on symptoms of pregnancy and at times patients don't feel any symptoms at all but still pregnant with a healthy baby.
There is nothing to worry according to this ultrasound.
Just to be doubly sure you can get it repeated after 2 weeks which will also give us additional information of the growth of baby and will relieve your anxiety.
In case you have other questions in furure you can contact me directly on http://bit.ly/drmanishajain