Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

What do you suggest for a reoccured slip disc?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
Need your opinion on the below. please help me to recover quick and come back strong I had mid slip disc in dec 2012 and reoccurred again. have taken a MRI scan, as per that It says. Inter Vertebral discs: Disc dehydration noted at L5-S1 L4-5: mild disc bulge with minimal impression on the cal sac and Allegheny nerve roots L5-S2: diffuse disc protrusion with central and left paracentral disc protrusion causing mild impression on the cal SAC and left side never root. Rest of whole spine screening shows C3-4, C4-5,C5-6 disc bulge. Impression: Diffuse disc protrusion at L5-S1 with central and left paracentral disc protrusion causing mild impression on the cal sac and left side nerve root. Mild disc bulge at L4-5 with minimal impression on the cal DAC and adjacent never roots.
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Seems you have developed acute disc bulge again Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. From description it seems you have developed acute disc bulge again. Your current treatment plan is correct. You have to take bed rest for two days. Do physiotheraphy exercises to strengthen the back as adviced by your doctor or physiotherapist. Kindly note that exercises only be done when it doesn't hurt. Having known this basic anatomy, you must avoid any activity that aggravates the condition, like bending forward and lifting heavy objects, sitting long hours on computer, inappropriate sitting posture, etc. Adequate rest and proper nutrition is equally important. Drink lots of fluids since dehydration affects the disc. Go for recent MRI to see severity of bulge. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor