What do you do if you get stung by a bee?
Two nights ago I was bitten by a bee on the back of my left leg and I had a bit of swelling and pain from it but it went down with the use of an ice pack and stingos cream. But the next night after it went down that morning, it started to get red and inflamed again with a small localised rash around where I was bitten and it’s quite an angry looking rash which itches at times as well i have attached an image of it. What can I do about it and will it be something goes away on its own or would I need antibiotics for it how can I tell?
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image.
It is an irritant reaction to insect bite.
I suggest you to apply a topical steroid e.g mometasone furoate 0.1 %cream Or triamcinolone acetonide0.1 %cream, twice daily.
In addition I suggest you to take an oral antihistamine e.g Cetrizine 10mg tab once every evening for symptomatic relief from itching.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does it mean to be stung by bees in a dream
- Wysolone honey bee stung
- What does it mean to get stung by a two headed bee in a dream
- Im pregnant and just got stung by a bee
- Honey bee stung clitoris
- Can you exercise after being stung by a bee
- Stung by bee on toefeverchillsswollen toenauseatreatment
- Stung like a bee
- What doesn it mean when you dream a bee stung you
- Strange taste when stung by a bee
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body