What do white spots under the cheeks indicate?

Dr. Dholariya Sagar Jayantilal

Posted on Thu, 8 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I AM HAVING BUMPED WHITE SPOTS UNDER MY CHEEKS, BUT THEY ARE NOT PAINFULL. TODAY I STARTED TAKING MEDICINES . I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THEY REALLY ARE. DOCTOR TOLD THAT THEY ARE APTHOUS ULCERS
Answered by Dr. Dholariya Sagar Jayantilal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
As mention below

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear
Understand your concern
According to your images it looks like early stage of apthous ulcer. But confirmation should done by oral examination. It occurs due to tobacco use, low immunity, excessive stress, constipation, nutritional deficiency like vitamin B12. folic acid and iron, severe acid reflux.
So continue treatment that is provided by your doctor.
You can also do betadine gargle, topical application of analgesic & anesthetics and glycerine.
If ulcer will not responds to treatment then go for following tests like tissue biopsy, blood test of Vitamin B12, iron and folic acid, complete blood count.
Drink plenty of water, avoid spicy food, stress and tobacco.
Hope this may help you
Free feels to ask further query.
Best regards
Dr. Sagar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T