What do white patches on the neck indicate?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My neck has developed white patches. Earlier it was few in number, now it has increased its count. My friend brought to my notice today. Please see the pic

Please suggest some medications. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I have dandruff issues.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Looks like pityriasis versicolor, cap itraconazole & sertaconazole cream,

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have gone through your complaints as well as reviewed the attached photographs.
You seem to be having pityriasis versicolor which is a superficial fungal infection of the skin.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to take capsule itraconazole 400 mg single dose stat and apply antifungal cream like sertaconazole cream on the affected white areas twice daily for 4-6 weeks.
For dandruff you can use ketoconazole shampoo twice weekly.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng