What do white bumps under the penis head indicate?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Men's Health
Question: Hello, last week I noticed a "white head" looking thing just under my penis head, I poped it and then noticed a few days later 2 bumps on the right sidr of my penis by the base of the shaft. I tried to pop them and just got a lot of blood; however they seem yo be going away now (see image). now this week, I shaved and noticed another group of about 4 bumps. I also tried to pop them to days ago, once again, just lots of blood and a some clear stuff. 1 of them does appear to have a yellowish color. what do I have? and what over the counter stuff works on it?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Mostly it is Herpes type 2 infection of Genital.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Did you have unprotected sex before you noticed these lesions?
2) Does your female partner have Herpes infection?
3) Do you have itching at the site of lesions?
4) Is there discharge from these lesions?

Based on photographs that you have uploaded it seems to be Herpes type 2 infection which is transmitted through contacts with infected person.

Please get basic test of secretions from lesion done to confirm the diagnosis.

In the mean while start taking antibiotics like Doxicycline and anti viral drugs like Acyclovir twice daily along with topical antiviral cream for local application.

Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily

Ensure to avoid sexual encounters till it heals up completely.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 32 minutes later
I have not had sex in several months, but yes, it was unprotected

Not that I know of (that has been more then one)

No

Not unless I try to "pop" them, and then it seemed like mostly blood...

I was told if it was Herpes, I would have pain, they don't hurt at all.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Herpes can remain dormant for couple of months.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up and feedback.

Please get your blood sugar tests done to rule out Diabetes and start taking treatment which I have suggested in my reply earlier.

It should get cured within 10 days.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.