What do weakness while on Flagyl suggest?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am on my 13th day of C. Diff. with Flagyl. Every day I am getting weaker. My husband is pushing me to work and exercise. My friends are telling me to rest. Which is correct? Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Electrolyte imbalance needs to be corrected

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on healthcaremagic.

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns you probably have electrolyte depletion and the resultant solve them balance is making you feel weak. You need to take a lot of fluids and ORS (oral rehydration solution) and also juicy fruits like cytrus fruits since they contain a lot of potassium. also take curd yogurt.

If your body permitss it is fine to do moderate amount of work and back it up with adequate rest so that you can recover. I am not suggesting bedrest unless you are too weak to work.

Let me know if I could help further .