What do vaginal discharges during pregnancy indicate?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 7 Jul 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi,
I am currently pregnant at 4 months and had a check up 2 weeks ago, may urine dip stick test shows negative.

I am having vaginal discharges, sometimes white, yellow and pale green, do you think it will be detected by the dipstick test? With these symptoms, what are the possible cause? Do I have an infection?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nature of discharge

Detailed Answer:
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
I would like to know the quantity of discharge and the smell in case it is foul smelling.
Also please let me know if you have any itching in the affected region.
In case the discharge is minimal and is not foul smelling and is non-itchy then nothing to worry as in general there is excess of discharge in pregnancy.
Waiting for your response
Dr Manisha
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 21 minutes later
Thank you for your response.
The discharge is minimal like, but I noticed that when I puke because I still threw up due to my pregnancy then I observed that lots of it are coming out, was it probably due to the force? I mean, if I throw up then something is coming out from the bottom of my stomach so it is forcing me and I observed that I can get like 1/4 teaspoon of the discharge. But this happens only like once or twice a week. During normal days, I got like minimal discharge like 1/8 of a teaspoon mostly white and yellow.

I don't feel the itchiness, i just had it one time, on the outside probably due to the hair?

How can you describe foul? I mean is it really fishy or the odor is not tolerable?

Thanks again.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry

Detailed Answer:
Then there is nothing to worry.
This small discharge cannot be foul smelling because it will be a very copious amount for it to be foul smelling because foul smell is because of infection which will definitely be high in amount.
So just keep good local hygiene and wear a cotton based underwear always.
Drink a lot of water and don't be anxious about it.