What do tremors and vibration sensations in body indicate?

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I have been waking up every night for the past two weeks out of a sound sleep with what seems to be full body tremors it's like my whole body is vibrating from the inside and lasts about 2 minutes until I fall back asleep I had an EEG done but the doctors aren't really giving me any information and being very short with me I have the test reports included which came back abnormal but they can't give me an explanation because they're always too busy
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Video EEG/MRI Brain with epilepsy protocol/Trial of antiepileptic drugs.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.

I have gone through the medical case summary and the EEG report,you have uploaded.
In the current scenario,the next step for you should be-
1) to get a prolonged video EEG monitoring(including night time monitoring) to record the electrical discharges at the time when you actually have those vibrating body tremors.Video EEG at the time of actual event will help make it clear whether we are dealing with Epilepsy or not.
2)MRI Brain with Epilepsy protocol can be planned,which may provide the supportive evidence.
3)Further,there is no harm in putting you up on a trial of antiepileptic medicines and observe for the response.This will also act as an indirect evidence for diagnosis.

Please discuss the things accordingly with your treating neurologist.

If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T