• question-icon

What do these thyroid and lipid profile test reports indicate?

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in Diabetes
Question: Hi my name is XXXX reside in XXXXXXX
I am a hypothyroid patient along wd fatty liver, diabetic 2 and bp
Wat is the status of my liver and is my thyroid now normal
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
thyroid is normal

Detailed Answer:
Dear madam, Hi!
you have been precise about liver and thyroid.
so your thyroid profile is normal, you must continue the same dose what ever you are presently taking.
liver enzymes are slightly raised. that is obvious with poor glycemic control and dyslipidemia.
though you have not mentioned but your diabetes control is not good. you must focus on that. revise your treatment plan , follow a strict dietary regimen, and exercise regularly.
regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Minal Mohit 26 minutes later
Is my liver condition controllable ,plus I am taking udliv twice daily
Hope not entered into 'C ' stage
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
liver is fine.

Detailed Answer:
Dear madam, liver is not that bad, udiliv may not help. It is glycemic control that is required strictly. please understand, we must correct the underlying pathology.
regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Minal Mohit 19 minutes later
Why did the dr say that ur liver is not gud and ur condition is not reversible
Wat sad I take for liver than
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
liver enzymes are deranged due to poor glycemic control.

Detailed Answer:
Dear ma'm, i am not sure what did the other doctor say. as far as your liver is concerned, enzymes are marginally raised, that is due to fatty liver. fatty liver is due to bad glucose control and high TG. no direct way of treating liver, it is required to treat the underlying cause. so if you are worried for liver, please correct your diabetes and cholesterol.
regards!
Dr. Minal Mohit

Endocrinologist