What do these thyroglobulin antibody test results indicate?
Noted your concern. Anti Tg and Anti TPO ( thyroid peroxidase) antibodies are markers of auto immune thyroiditis ( Hashimoto's thyroiditis) which leads to hypothyroidism in the future. Your doctor did those tests to rule out hashimoto's thyroiditis. Anti TPO is mildly positive which is not alarming at this stage, but may indicate that you ay develop hypothyroidism ( under active thyroid) in the future. But not to worry, anti TPO can become negative in due course.
The most important thing is to get a Free T4 and TSH test done. If they are normal, stay relaxed and repeat the test after 6 months. Take a diet rich in iodine and vitamins.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of elevated thyroglobulin antibodies
- What is thyroglobulin antibody
- Thyroglobulin antibodies test
- Thyroglobulin antibody results
- What is a thyroglobulin test
- Stimulated thyroglobulin test results
- Thyroglobulin antibody test results
- High thyroglobulin test results
- Anti thyroglobulin ab test result
- Thyroglobulin quantitative test results
- What causes gnawing burning sensation in abdomen, nausea and...
- What changes should i expect after Testosterone replacement therapy?
- Suggest remedy for gum inflammation and sores in mouth when on...
- Suggest medication to start growing breasts for a sex change
- What causes nausea after being in hot tub?
- What does the following blood test reports indicate?
- Suggest treatment for muscle spasms, confusion and falling asleep at the...
- Suggest treatment for low BP and high blood sugar
- Suggest treatment for low cortisol and low testosterone levels
- Suggest treatment for dizziness and weight gain after discontinuing...