What do these reports for fever in children indicate?

Dr. Pradeep Kumar

Pediatrician, Cardiology

Posted on Sat, 27 Aug 2016 in Child Health
Question: Hello Doctor,

My sister son 3 months old got fever few days back. As per doctor recommendation we did some tests and one of the tests it's showed sugar level some what high in urine and Doctor told it's due to viral infection he got fever and urine sugar levels showing High.

After that fever is cured but she recommended to perform urine sugar test after a week to see if sugar level is come to normal. After week its still showed high.

I am here attaching all the reports I have. please verify and give your experience suggestion.
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I agree with your doctor, get urine test done after 15 days

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for asking the query

I have gone through the reports. It shows that the initially there was infection (raised CRP) which has settled now.

I won't get worried as the blood sugar is normal and otherwise the report of urine is also normal(except sugar).

Presence of sugar in urine with normal blood sugar is called renal glycoruria. In most of the cases it is benign and does not need any treatment. This can be seen in fever and other infection.

I would request you to get the test repeated after 15 days. If the report shows sugar again other tests like blood gas analysis, urine for electrolytes may be needed to rule out other uncommon causes like renal tubular disorder.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Pradeep Kumar 21 minutes later
could you please tell us what is renal tubular disorder. How much is the chance for those cases in kids.
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Chance of having renal tubular disorder is remote

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up

Renal tubular disorder is a very rare condition. Dont get worried as the chance of having this disease is very less. In this condition there is defect in absorption of many minerals and glucose leading to its release in urine.

I request you to get the test repeated as this renal glucosuria is transient in most of the cases and improves on its own.