What do these lab reports indicate?
Please see my reports and let me know about my cardiac measures are seems to be slightly out of measures. Please advise, I am vegeterian and my vitamin levels are also seems to be less. I am more worried after looking at this. I usually walk for 2 hours every day almost 10 kms. I request to review complete report with your expert eye and advise.
I have gone through your reports
I have gone through your reports and I have noted few abnormalities
1. HsCRP is elevated: This is suggestive some inflammation in the body, and in your case likely metabolic syndrome. In simple words, excessive fat deposition in abdomen, liver, heart and other places. Are you overweight, you have not mentioned your weight or BMI. Although, it's not something to worry about much but just need healthy lifestyle, good diet in addition to exercises.
2. Serum homocysteine is borderlinely elevated and is probably due to low vit B12. For this you should have, Tab ME12 once a day in the morning for 8 weeks.
3. Vit D is low: You should have Tab Uprise D3 once a week for 8 weeks then once a month for six months.
4. Lipid profile is borderline. Do not need any active treatment now, but just good lifestyle. You should repeat lipid profile, hscrp, vit B12 after 3 months. If your hscrp remains elevated then we can start low dose statin for it.
So overall, reports are showing some abnormalities although nothing serious and suggest that you should have healthy lifestyle.
You should have a healthy lifestyle like avoiding fatty, oily and high calorie diet. Have low salt diet and monitor blood pressure regularly thrice a day for one week then once or twice a week, and bp should be persistently less than 140/90 mmhg. Continue regular exercises. Lots of green leafy vegetables, fruits, fish once or twice a week, avoid meat. Avoid smoking and alcohol if any. There shouldn't abdominal fat deposition or obesity.
Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.
Yes, I am over weight and trying to reduce weight. Current my body weight is 84 kg and I am having a height of 5'8" so i believe my BMI is 29.1. I am planning to take some supplements of flax seeds for reducing my cholestrol and also trying to have some supplements for B12 and now as u suggested so I will take those supplements.
I am trying to follow as as much as i can my healthy life style and doing regular walks of at least 10 km for 2 hours but my weight reducing. i reduced approx 8 kg in last 1 year.
Ok, it's likely due to prostatitis
So your elevated crp is likely a result of prostatitis only. Anyway, your BMI is deranged and you need to get it under control. Along with exercise, have good diet also. All the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does thyroid lab report indicate to have hypothyroidism
- What does the lab reports mean
- What does occ in lab reports mean
- What does #39pus vulgaris#39 indicate in a lab report
- Does the lab report indicate celiac disease
- If a get on my lab report hepatitis a reactive what is that
- What does the lab report for fever and diarrhea mean
- What does dl mean on lab reports
- What does hdlc mean on a lab report
- Lab tests done what are the findings in the report
- Suggest treatment for extreme fatigue and nausea
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- Is an iron infusion advisable when having normal blood report?
- What causes intermittent chest pain?
- Suggest treatment for bronchospasm
- Can coumadin be taken before a thoracic aorta CTA procedure?
- What causes frequent heart palpitations during pregnancy?
- What does my angiogram result report indicate?
- Is blood pressure of 125/72 a cause for concern?
- What does my TLC result report indicate?