What do these lab reports indicate?

Question
Hello Doc,

Can you please review the attach reports and help understanding the interpretation. we are worried as the insurance claim got rejected and the reason given was the CBC report, like high platelets and other reasons . Can you please help me underlying what is the problem in the reports
Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in Blood Disorders

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
HELLO. REPORTS ARE NORMAL EXCEPT ANEMIA

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have seen the reports. All parameters are acceptable except mild degree of anemia. Platelets counts are also in normal range. There is no problem in the reports
Thanks and regards

Follow-up: What do these lab reports indicate? 8 minutes later
Hello Doc,

HBA1C level is also 5.7 which is an indicative of pre -diabetes right ? can you please clarify the same?
And what are the parameters that suggest anemia ?

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello. Prediabetes needs further test

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. So a repeat testing for HbA1C after 3 months if shows prediabetic range, then only patient can be labelled with certainty.
Low hemoglobin, mchc, mch suggest anemia. Further test for the cause of anemia are required like iron profile and ferritin and fecal occult blood test
Thanks and regards

Follow-up: What do these lab reports indicate? 3 hours later
Hello Doc

Thanks for answering ny query. I would like to bring to your notice that ny mom had been diaognosed with iron deficiency anemia and beta thalasemia minor one year back and she has been taking folvite capsule for the same. Can you guide me what is the treatement for iron deficiency anemia and what all further investigation tests needs to be done

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello. Fecal occult blood test should be done

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. So to look for the cause of anemia, one needs to check for blood loss in gut. Fecal occult blood test should be done for it. IF positive, then colonoscopy is required.
In cases of deficiency due to iron, treatment is simple. One can use iron tablets like fersolate or fefol for a period of 3 months.
Thanks and regards