Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

What do these lab reports indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 910 Questions
I got the below reports. Can you please let me know. I have thyroid problem and with severe back pain. I am female with 24 age
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Bilateral Sacroilitis.

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
I have gone through all your reports and only finding is in CT Scan -which says bilateral Sacroilitis . In this condition there is swelling in the joint between pelvis and spine and can be a source of pain.
I would like to investigate for HLA B-27 although it is usually not seen in females, but should be ruled out.
For treatment I start pain killers , muscle relaxant and Spinal Extension exercises in all my patients for 7-10 days and then reassess the situation.
Thanx for the question . Please feel free to ask any other question.
Also , in further questions share more clinical details.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What do these lab reports indicate? 2 hours later
We have gone through that test.. Pfa
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 14 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
What is the report and PFA
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What do these lab reports indicate? 2 days later
We have gone through the HLA B 27 test and it was positive and the report I have attached in the attachment section
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ankylosing spindylosis is nearly confirmed with HLA B 27b report

Detailed Answer:
HLA B27 positive as per you but not seen in the reports( no attachment found) , along with clinical picture means that you have more chances ( nearly 85%) of having Ankylosing spondylosis.
These days some disease modifying agents are used to decrease the severity of Symptoms and slow the progression of disease in ankylosing spondylosis.
I suggest that you consult a rheumatologist for starting the treatment and keep in follow up with him only.If you are in north XXXXXXX you can visit XXXXXXX also.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor