What do these lab reports indicate?

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 29 May 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi Doctor,

My niece is 11 yrs old.

Attached are the reports and prescriptions of my niece. She has some problem of mucus in her head. Not sure if i am able to tell you the problem exactly but you can go thru the attached reports. Actually she used to sneeze a lot when she used to wake up in the morning. Doctor discovered that she has mucus in her head and that needs to be cleaned. She was feeling good since last 2 months but now again she is feeling lot of mucus in her chest.

Can you please suggest whats the matter and how this csn be treated. I have also attached the endoscopy report
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chronic nasal congestion

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
I have seen all the reports . The endoscopic examination reveals the child has a deviated nasal septum with hypertrophy of the nasal turbinate. There is no mention of the adenoids.
The chronic cough or chest congestion may be due to post nasal drip caused by nasal congestion.
I would advise you to get a Ct scan paranasal sinuses done and send me the picture so that I can suggest you better.
Also get the child examined by a paediatrician for a chest examination.
Give the child steam inhalation and nasal drops.
Follow up with the required information so that I can suggest you better .
The further management will depend on the reports. A medical management is must. The need for surgery depends upon the severity of the symptoms and the Ct pictures.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad