What do these lab reports indicate?

Excellent

Question
My name is XXXX. Age 35, Height 169cm, Weight 86kg. I went through the annual medical check earlier this month. Attached are the results.

The doctor who checked the reports suggests my Thyroid level is above normal. There seems to be an issue with liver function as well.

He recommended to start thyroxine sodium 100mg immediately for thyroid and recommended to work with a dietician for weight loss. He did not suggest anything for liver issue. Can you please let me know correct approach to tackle these? I haven't started the medication yet.

Thank you, XXXX
Mon, 28 May 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Unable to view test results; Please re-attach test results.

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank You for contacting HealthcareMagic. My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.

I have gone through your query and the image attached & would try to help you in the best possible way. I'm sorry but i am unable to view the test results. Please upload them again so that i can go through them and guide you in a better way.

I'll be looking forward for the test results.
Thank You

Follow-up: What do these lab reports indicate? 2 hours later
I'm sorry. Some how the attachments didn't make it. Let me try again. Thanks

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can email as well; see details

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Its alright. We are available 24/7 for your assistance. If you find difficulty in attaching here then you can can share complete data by emailing it at YYYY@YYYY with Sub: ATTN 'Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf'.
Do specifically attach liver function test results so that i can guide you regarding liver problem.

Thank you

Follow-up: What do these lab reports indicate? 10 hours later
Greetings Dr. XXXXXXX

I've attached the report now. Kindly check.

Thank you,
XXXX

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Borderline increased levels; see details please

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank you for getting back with the lab reports. I have gone through them. First of all please accept my apology for a delay in response. Your ALT & AST levels are slightly raised. Most common causes includes Fatty liver (steatosis), Hepatitis, drug induced (like aspirin, acetaminophen, naproxen, diclofenac, certain antibiotics etc). You hepatitis serology is negative. However, ultrasound report shows fatty liver. Although its common in today's world because of our change in daily dietary habit. It will not cause any harm to your body. However, certain dietary modifications will hopefully bring it back to normal limits. Following measures can be adopted:

- Avoid oily & fattening food
- Try to take home cooked meal. Make sure that salt quantity is reasonable & not more.
- Avoid alcohol (if you take).
- Eat a high-carbohydrate diet.
- If your weight is more than what it should be at your age & height then try to bring it to a lower level by going out for walk/exercise.
- Keep a record of medications you take and discuss with your treating doctor before undergoing follow-up LFTs.

Hope i have answered your query. If you have any follow-up query then feel free to ask.
Wishing you a good health.

Follow-up: What do these lab reports indicate? 1 hour later
Greetings Dr. XXXXXXX

Thanks for your response. Can you please check the Thyroid test results as well. Looks like that's also above normal. Should I start taking medication for it?

I consume alcohol may be 3-4 times in a year. Do you see any issues with this?
I do not eat lot of outside foods. Because
of hectic work schedules, I don't get to eat on time always. I understand these contributes to weight gains. Is thyroid playing a significant role as well?

Do you recommend working with a dietician to tackle these?

Thank you,
XXXX

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes; medication is required; consult an endocrinologist

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank you for the follow-up query.

Yes your TSH levels are significantly raised and are suggesting hypothyroidism. TSG is more sensitive than T3 & T4. You need to take medication after consultation with an endocrinologist.
Secondly, yes you can discuss about diet by a dietitian. It will help you in improving the condition as well.

Thank You