What do these lab reports indicate?

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in General Health
Question: Ok so we went to Mayo to see about the graduating pain along the mid- spine. I though the myeloma was gone.
1. Hypermetabolic lymph nodes involving the right neck, right external iliac
chain and bilateral inguinal regions suspicious for extraskeletal myelomatous
involvement. Another consideration is reactive change. Clinical correlation is
recommended. Tissue sample diagnosis is suggested if clinically indicated.
2. No lytic lesion involving the bony structures.
please review the former reports and compare them to the current info sent
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello. you require regular follow up

Detailed Answer:
hello again. so you had smoldering myeloma and that was confirmed by your physician too. Now the pentct is showing up few nodes but these are likely to be reactive/infectious in nature rather than myeloma as myeloma is unlikely in nodes.
Only point of concern is the serum calcium levels which is marginally elevated. Get it repeat, if it is elevated , you may require early initiation of treatment. Otherwise , regular follow up will suffice.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad