What do these lab reports indicate?
my son was born with arthrogryposis of lower extremities and had hip osteotomy to correct the hip dyplsia.
he is 3 year old now weighs 15 kg..93 cm height..we were doing a routine usg abdomen and pelvis to check if everythings ok...the report is fine apart from liver which shows mild coarse liver echotexture..i am attaching the report and film here for your reference along with the liver profile which was done on 25 october 2016..hep a and hep c done on the same date came out negative..this was done before surgery as it was ot requiremnt..
the report attached doesnt mention the same about liver for some reasons and was conveyed to me by the usg specialist to convey it to his pediatrician .now am really worried about the mild coarse echotexture of liver as it sounds really worrying when i search on the internet..my sons health is very good..he is energetic..walks without support after surgery..no yellow eyes..normal urine and stool...hb count is 13...currently on raricap l 5 ml once and calimax p twice 5 ml...and homeopathy medicines for his cough and cold..what are your expert views after seeing all the attached reports?what do u recommend? what can be the reasons for this?do u want us to do any further evualation?i am really worried so please cover all the angles in your answer...kidney report shows creatnine 0.10 which is also normal...
No need to worry
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I do not think that you need to get concerned about the liver echotexture. The LFT report is normal and the attached ultrasound does not reveal any abnormalities. He is active and healthy and does not require any treatment.
Regarding his cough, it is usually due to a viral infection. Neither antibiotics nor homeopathic medicines do any good. Due to the thickening of the mucus the mucus needs to be coughed out. You need to give steam inhalation to your child. It helps in reducing the congestion. Just sit with your child on your lap and place the source of steam before you. The water vapor will be in the air and automatically the child will breathe it in. Water vapor will reach deep inside and would help in diluting the cough and thus would provide relief. Use Nasoclear Saline Nasal Drops in case of nose block. That should suffice.
I do not think that he needs any further work up for his liver.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does thyroid lab report indicate to have hypothyroidism
- What does the lab reports mean
- What does occ in lab reports mean
- What does #39pus vulgaris#39 indicate in a lab report
- Does the lab report indicate celiac disease
- If a get on my lab report hepatitis a reactive what is that
- What does the lab report for fever and diarrhea mean
- What does dl mean on lab reports
- What does hdlc mean on a lab report
- Lab tests done what are the findings in the report
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever