• question-icon

What do these lab reports indicate?

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Dear Sir,

Please see my attached reports and advise, where should I need to keep a control so that values which are out of control can be managed and make them under the recommended values.
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Some more information is needed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.
After reading your post and going through your reports, I would suggest that some precautions and lifestyle changes are needed.
In your reports, I would advise that you should give attention to the lipid profile. Levels of Triglycerides and VLDL are raised. Your triglyceride level should be below 150. As you are hypertensive, your lipid profile should be maintained in normal range.
For further advising you on how to control these parameters, I would need some more information about you like :-
1. Your job profile- whether sedentry or active ?
2. Are you on any other medicines besides the antihypertensive that you have mentioned ?
3. Your dietary habbits.
4. Do you go for any exercise?
Further medical management can be planned according to your reply to the above mentioned queries.
Regards. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. R.A. Singh 24 minutes later
Dear Sir, thank you for your response. Please see my answers below for your queries:

Sedantary.
Currently, I have been diagnosed with the chronic prostratitus and due to which I had to admitted to the hospital for 8 days and also on the following medicines these days.
doxycycline took for 2 weeks.
nitrofurantoin
and Levo floxacin 750 mg.

Just to made you aware that in the last 8 months my BP was pretty much normal and i didn't take my medicine regular because if I take medicines then it made my BP very low so i stopped taking medicine and talked to the cardiologist and he advised not to take and record my BP.
3. Your dietary habits.
Home made food.
4. Do you go for any exercise?
25 days before I used to go for exercise but due to my sickness i was unable to go for a walk and I guess due to which my measurements are slightly on a higher side. Please see my attached reports which I have conducted 25 days before. you can see the trend now.
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lifestyle changes and some precautions are needed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for providing more information.
Triglycerides can be slightly improved by regular exercise and eating low fat foods.
As your job profile is sedentary, you should restart your exercises as soon as your health permits.
I would suggest that you should repeat your lipid profile again after about 6 weeks of regular exercise. If it is still raised then you can start Fenofibrate at night after discussing with your treating doctor.
Eat fibre rich foods as it also helps in maintaining lipid profile.
I will also suggest that you should get your blood sample tested from the same pathology and not from different pathologies.
I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further doubts, please mention.
Regards. Thanks.

Dr. R.A. Singh

Emergency Medicine Specialist