• question-icon

What do these lab reports indicate?

Posted on Thu, 27 Jul 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: HELLO SIR, I HAVE A PROBLEM OF FREQUENT URINATION , constant urge to urinate AND continuous URINE DRIBBLING PROBLEM. After urination i feel like my bladder is not emptied completely. However Problem is not felt at night as well as in early morning hours and My first urination in the morning goes quite well. But as the day passes , problem starts again.

MY USG PVR IS NORMAL. I have attached other reports like uroflometry, urine Routine, culture, semen culture .

DOCTOR ADVISED ME TO TAKE CONTIFLO ICON 0.4 TABLET ONE PER DAY. I am taking it since last 40 days. BUT MY SYSPTOMS ARE NOT IMPROVING MUCH.

Please advise me
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Stop taking Contiflo

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .
Based on symptoms that you have and relevant tests reports you have what is called as Over Active Bladder Syndrome (OAB)

Since all the relevant test reports are normal you should stop taking Contiflow and start taking Darifenacin once daily in the morning .

This will help you to control urgency and dribbling urination .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Sir,
how much dose of Darifenacin should i take? Darifenacin is available in 7.5 mg and 15 mg
and it has to be taken before breakfast or after breakfast ?

and sir how long i will have to take this medicine ?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Take 7.5 mg once daily in the morning before breakfast

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for follow up .

Start with 7.5 mg once daily and increase up to 15 mg if required .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 41 hours later
sir, i have stopped contiflo medicine and started taking dariten 7.5 mg from yesterday. .But i am not getting relief . I am feeling more urge to urinate especially in sitting position .
Sir when will i get relief ? and for how long i will have to take this medicine?

also is there any food i have to avoid ?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It takes minimum one week to see the results

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up
It takes one week to get the results after you start taking Darifenacin and you have to take it for 3-4 months .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist